Gifts of the Spirit

There are different gifts but the same Spirit; there are different ministries but the same Lord; there are different works but the same God who accomplishes all of them in everyone. To each person the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. To one the Spirit gives wisdom in discourse, to another the power to express knowledge. Through the Spirit one receives faith; by the same Spirit another is given the gift of healing, and still another miraculous powers. Prophecy is given to one; to another power to distinguish one spirit from another. One receives the gift of tongues, another that of interpreting the tongues. But it is one and the same Spirit
who produces all these gifts distributing them to each as he wills.
1 Corinthians 12:4-11
May we all live the gifts that we have been given in humble service to God and others.











Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord,

I am introducing a new feature to my blog.
I pray that it is not a regular feature, but I feel that it is an very important one.

A soldier from Rochester died recently (2 actually the past few months), and I want to do my part to make sure that our native sons & daughters are not forgotten.  I will be posting, sometime before Veteran's Day I hope, a listing of all those who have died in Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom that are from the Rochester area.  If you have names of friends or relatives you would like to add send me an e-mail to oneofthewome@gmail.com
Before I say anymore, this post is not about how I feel about the war!! 

This is about honoring the men and woman who gave the ultimate sacrafice so that you and I can bit@# about it and the state of our govenment, each other, the world... WHATEVER!
It is about remembering that they were someone's child, parent, spouse or friend,
and a beloved child of God.
These men and women, and all of those who served before them and with them, deserve our respect, our prayers and our never ending gratitude for their service to our country.  Please honor them by not making this political.


Requiescat in pace


Army Pfc. Daniel J. Rivera, 22 of Rochester, NY, died October 18, 2009 in Mosul, Iraq.


Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord,
and let perpetual light shine upon him.
May he rest in peace.




Peace to All!

3 comments:

  1. A worthy feature, Persis. I will join my prayers to yours. I am eternally grateful for the sacrifice of so many men and women and their families.

    ReplyDelete
  2. certainly a noble cause. great idea, Persis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a very thoughtful idea. My prayers for them as well.

    ReplyDelete